Saturday, April 5, 2008

This biggest lesson

This past month has been a mental whirlwind for me. A whirlwind that I created when I was 12 and it's finally showing its ugly face.

So, here's my big secret, I'm a bit crazy. The Brandcenter pretty much has owned my behind for two years and this last week, my mind decided to shut off and I became more a basketcase, then I have ever been. Having a somewhat massive assignment didn't help the situation and that group saw a side of me and I despise showing, but I'm glad I did. I let this school pretty much take over my life, thinking that advertising was the most important thing. This made me shy away from people (and to find excuses as to why I shouldn't like them) and to enjoy not only the things in my life, but the Brandcenter itself.

I'm now taking the steps to fix this problem - a problem that I've since high school - In the next coming weeks, there will be a new and improved Candice biking around Richmond.

One thing that I did get out of all of this though: The Brandcenter is a collective of amazing people. People that I thought would never talk to me, that we had nothing in common, let me just cry and complain about the same thing for seven days. I found out that we are all a family - an insane one, but a family and that we all want to see each other make it. There are a few people especially that I will be in dept to for their help. I don't think they know it, but they are the reason why I stay at the Brandcenter. Thanks guys.

I'm crazy. That's probably one of the reasons why I fit in this career.

And I saw Chicago. Eh, not bad.
Boston, much more awesome :)

No comments: